Sunday, August 26, 2012

Healthy Stuff


So I officially stink at blogging, whoops! I'll try to be better :)

I have decided to jump on the family bandwagon and get healthy! I've eaten a lot of crap food lately and have felt exactly that, like crap. I recently got Jillian Michael's book, Master Your Metabolism, and loved it! She has a lot of ideas and theories that I strongly agree with and it all pieces together and makes complete sense to me. She mostly talks about the effects of hormones in our body and how they contribute to our body's way of either storing extra fat or using it how it should. It just sounds good to me. With all the classes I took about nutrition and the human body, everything works properly when you fuel yourself with good, whole foods. Our bodies don't naturally know what to do with all the fake and processed foods we eat, so it does what it thinks it should do, but since they're not the true or actual form of a correct hormone, our bodies put them in the wrong spots completely. Anyways, it was a great book and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to be healthier and get more control of your weight. So we've both joined a gym and have started working out regularly, and are starting to eat more clean, whole foods. I'm excited!

As for all my family, you go girls! Talk about inspiration. 

Starting tomorrow, our training for our real job starts. 14 weeks of fun! Our schedules are really nice, from 7-3:30, so that gives us plenty of time after work to do anything that needs to be done and it helps us wake up nice and early too, so perfect! 

Well, that's it for now!

2 comments:

  1. Look at all of us, trying to get healthier! Woohoo! And I am super jealous of your work schedules, that sounds absolutely amazing. I left you a voice mail earlier, can I get your address? I have a long lost wedding present I want to send to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my schedule at SAIC and I LOVED it. That's so great that you two are working together so you have the same schedule! Way to go eating healthier. Natalie's going to be the guru in our family on the subject. She and I want to go live on farms in a big family block someday. :) Unlikely to happen, but fun to dream about!

    ReplyDelete